- Before washing your Clip-ins, brush them gently with a boar bristle brush to help detangle the ends.
- Always start from the ends and work towards the clips.
- Ensure that the snap clips are closed to avoid tangling.
- To wash your Clip-ins, fill the basin with warm water. Place one of our shampoos (we recommend our Rehydrate Shampoo) in the water.
- Immerse the Clip-ins in the basin, slowly and gently swish. DO NOT RUB HAIR!
- Empty the soapy water and gently rinse the shampoo out with warm water.
- Using a towel gently blot excess water. NO NOT RUB THE HAIR with a towel. Use a towel to absorb the excess water by blotting the hair gently
- Using a wide tooth comb, gently comb Internationals’ desired conditioner through the hair, starting at the ends, working towards the clips. Leave for 5 min, then rinse in warm water.
- Clip-ins do not receive natural scalp oils and need to be conditioned after every wash.
- Avoid regular washing & use a leave in conditioning lotion before styling to prevent hair from splitting.
- Close the clips after removal to prevent the hair from tangling in the clips.
It is not recommended that you expose your Clip-ins to chlorinated and / or salt water. If you do, we recommend that you wash and condition your Clip-ins IMMEDIATELY after, as the chemicals may damage the hair. DO NOT allow chemicals to remain in your extensions for any length of time – you wouldn’t do that to your own hair!
It is not recommended that you sleep with your Clip-ins in, as you will shorten the life p of the clips. However if you do, we suggest that you tie them up in a ponytail or in a braid. DO NOT SLEEP ON WET HAIR.
- Treat your Clip-ins with as much care as your own hair.
- We recommend that you use our maintenance products
- Between washes, we recommend you use a spray-on / leave-in conditioner.
- Remember no scrubbing or rubbing the hair.